International Travel & Tourism Report 2021
Not a single industry has been halted by the pandemic more so than travel & tourism. But as the pandemic begins to subside, what does the road back to normality look like? Turbulent conditions are forecast and competition to attract consumers will be fierce ‘ that much is certain.
YouGov’s International Travel & Tourism Report 2021 analyses consumer travel preferences and identifies the emerging opportunities that will prove most lucrative for industry players.
The study connects data from our syndicated solutions YouGov DestinationIndex and YouGov Global Travel Profiles whilst also leveraging custom research across 25 global markets.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the key findings:
- Globally, appetite for international travel (18%) is lower than domestic (51%)
- 77% of global consumers are planning travel in the next 12 months with 57% planning 2+ trips
- Millennials and Gen X are the main sources of demand in the near-term
- On-The-Go travellers (3+ trips in the next 12 months) account for 29% of planned travellers but offer the highest revenue opportunity per traveler due to their initial confidence
- Responsible Travellers are the 2nd largest segment of traveler type – after Budget/Value – and growing
- Data on favourite destinations post-pandemic shows international travel will begin with familiarity.
Main image: Dominik Pearce on Unsplash: Pedn Vounder Beach, Saint Levan, Cornwall, UK